The Joint Municipal Court serves five towns: Borough of Madison, Borough of Chatham, Township of Chatham, Township of Harding, and the Township of Morris.
All court sessions are held on the 1st floor of the Harley Dodge Memorial.
The Violations Bureau and the Courtroom are located at:
Hartley Dodge Memorial
50 Kings Road
Madison, NJ 07940
Parking is free after 4:00 PM in the lot directly adjacent to the Hartley Dodge Memorial Building.
- Business hours are weekdays 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Trial date adjournments must be requested during the business day. The Court will not grant adjournments by leaving voicemail messages.
COURT IN SESSION
- Township of Chatham meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 5:00 PM.
The Joint Municipal Court is presided over by Judge Gary F. Troxell. The Court staff consists of the:
- Municipal Court Administrator Frank J. Ciampi
- Deputy Court Administrator Angela Esposito
- Deputy Court Administrator Dawn Allgeier
- Deputy Court Administrator Theresa Rizzo
The Joint Municipal Court has jurisdiction over:
- Traffic violations
- Parking violations
- Criminal disorderly persons offenses
- Petty disorderly offenses and the Borough of Madison ordinances
The Municipal Judge also has the authority to issue domestic violence temporary restraining orders, authorize warrants for arrest, revoke driving privileges in the State of New Jersey, order Probation, community service, and jail sentences as stipulated by statute. The Municipal Judge is also empowered to perform wedding ceremonies.
The Violations Bureau is open weekdays to the public between the hours of 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM The Bureau can be reached at 973-593-3026.
Frank J. Ciampi